December 28, 2007

Achievements

What's next? The question always remains, I guess, by definition of our inability to predict the future.

Before my future catches back with my past, I managed to get a few things done:
  1. Got my driving license for a 500cc motorbike
  2. Chose and ordered my scooter
  3. Installed wireless internet at home
Impressive, ain't it?

Number 1 took me only 8 months, an achievement. With number 2 I made all my friends crazy until I went for what I had sworn never to buy: instead of the cute cub-like Honda Innova reminding me of Cambodia, I purchased a manager-style scooter which twice the size. And with number 3 I am now writing to you, so don't laugh :-)

I wrote in the previous post about the Canon G9. And if I tell you I also baught a washing machine you will have a full picture of the exciting life I am leading ;-)

Oh, I almost forgot: I also give a hand, on my free time, to saving the world from global warming. Namely, I run into Visual C++ 6.0 error messages of the type:
error C2784: 'class std::complex<_ty> __cdecl std::sqrt(const class std::complex<_ty> &)' : could not deduce template argument for 'const class std::complex<_ty> &' from 'double' while compiling class-template member function 'double __cdecl vecmath::VmUtil::sqrt(double)'
fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
and I say to myself "Joseph, the world entrusted you with a mission, you need to solve this problem before the sun rises on Jerusalem or humanity will be destroyed by 2100." Being a superhero is not always easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the rest of the year 2007 I won't have reached any great achievments like you so I rather will focus on the next year (don't have a driving license for a motor-bike and only share a washing machine with some other people). ;-)
Greetings to Jerusalem and have a good new year,
Bernd

PS: you are really infected by the Cambodia-virus, this could be really serious :-)